From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unused profiles
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 22:42:44
1 On Sun, 22 Jan 2017 16:21:31 -0500
2 "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > On 1/22/17 3:41 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > >
6 > >>>> uclibc/amd64
7 > >>>> uclibc/arm/2.4
8 > >>>> uclibc/mips/hardened
9 > >>>> uclibc/ppc/2.4
10 > >>>> uclibc/ppc/hardened/2.4
11 > >>>> uclibc/sh/2.4
12 > >>>> uclibc/x86/2.4
13 > >>>> uclibc/x86/2005.1/2.4
14 > >>>> uclibc/x86/hardened/2.4
15 > >> I'm still not sure if anyone uses these. I'm thinking maybe its time
16 > >> for the whole lot of profiles/uclibc/* to go.
17 > > If you need me to, I can look into inlining them into
18 > > default/linux/uclibc.
21 > I don't know what you mean by "inlining" them but I'd rather not mix
22 > them in. I'd rather they were just removed or whoever is using them
23 > take care of them.
24
25 Oh, sorry, I thought the top uclibc/ directory is actually used
26 somewhere in default/linux. In this case, removing them sounds good to
27 me.
30 Best regards,
31 Michał Górny
32 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>