From: Brian Jackson <iggy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE Linux 2.6.x
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:46:02
1 On Wednesday 22 October 2003 01:27 pm, C. Brewer wrote:
2 <snip>
3 >
4 > There is no easy answer to this problem, but it seems nobody want to tackle
5 it
6 > either( along with multiple versions of the same modules packages.)
7
8 I have no desire to comment on the rest of this thread (it's hot enough), but
9 I will comment on the assertion that nothing is being done about "multiple
10 versions of the same modules packages". The problem is portage doesn't
11 support multiple SLOTs of the same version of a package, and it's not trivial
12 to add, I've talked with carpaski about this, and a few things have to be
13 done before the real work can be done for this, but I am trying to find
14 somebody to do the work. So... somebody is working on it, but it'll take time
15 just like everything else.
16
17 --iggy
18