From: heroxbd@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] pid 1 design
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 01:33:59
1 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> writes:
2
3 > Considering that systemd unit files are sometimes shipped with upstream
4 > packages, and often they are practically equivalent to openrc init
5 > scripts, I'd rather see openrc supporting that file format
6 > as an extension and using it instead of duplicating the same thing
7 > in init.d scripts.
8
9 I bet this resonate with many minds out here. I am also planning to make
10 a draft implementation.
11
12 > And yes, that means that people masking service files shoot themselves
13 > in the foot.
14 >
15 > Also, if I had more time (or support), I'd probably start working
16 > on a systemd-compatible init system with a more portable design.