From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:35:49
1 On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:09:41 +0200
2 Haas Wernfried <w.haas@×××××××××××××××××××.at> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 > With reference to the recent thread about this GLEP's draft [1]
6 > we're resurrecting the discussion and would like keep you updated
7 > on the latest changes:
8 > 1) The term developer has been dropped and replaced by staff. ;-)
9 > 2) The GLEP is now listed on the GLEP page as GLEP 38 [2] as an
10 > official GLEP.
11 > 3) The moderators guide is available (Curtis already posted that to
12 > the list, just a reminder to have a look at it as well). [3]
13 >
14 > Now would be a great time for everyone to read it and give us some
15 > feedback.
16
17 ok, looks like the current hot topic is that not all global moderators/
18 site admins want/can become staff members for unspecified reasons.
19
20 (the GLEP says that everyone wanting to become a staff member has to
21 take the quiz, so I take that as a given)
22
23 Currently I'd be interested if there are any solid numbers how many
24 global moderators/admins want/don't want to get staff status?
25
26 Marius
27
28 PS: I'm ignoring the national forum moderator issue on purpose for now.
33 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
34 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.