From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: Niches and new developers (especially xbox)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:56:23
1 On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:42:46 -0400 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | On Friday 11 June 2004 10:25 am, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
4 | > Having documentation on how to bypass the security measures of the
5 | > Xbox violates the DMCA. The xbox-linux guys are simply ignoring
6 | > this and doing "business as usual" by providing this information. I
7 | > have no problems with it myself, just that technically it *is*
8 | > illegal. You have to just love laws that are complete garbage.
9 |
10 | so what we're looking at here (and what was planned on in the first
11 | place) was adding the packages to portage but RESTRICT=nomirror
12
13 Isn't linking to violating files also in violation of your dumb USian
14 laws? (See, for example: "Waaah! Google, I order you to remove this
15 link.) In other words, we'd have to do one of those horrid fetch
16 restriction things and not include the exact URI in the ebuild?
19 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
20 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
21 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm