From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] bug fixes
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 22:06:00
1 Developers,
2
3 Here are a bunch of fixes:
4
5 strace-4.3.ebuild is now in dev-util and compiles fine.
6 I made a compile fix to the latest wvdial
7 samba 2.2.0/2.0.8 now use /var/run/smb instead of /var/lock (FHS 2.1)
8 inet.eth0 now uses rp_filter instead of ipchains
9 reiserfs-utils upgraded to the latest version
10
11 In addition, I experienced some more filesystem corruption today (ReiserFS,
12 kernel 2.4.2 with the latest (3/27/2001) ReiserFS patches.) This means that the
13 filesystem corruption issue hasn't been resolved, and until it definitively is
14 I may post a warning on the website. I rebuilt the filesystem using reiserfsck
15 and we'll see how it does with kernel 2.4.4-pre8.
16
17 Due to the filesystem corruption, kde-i18n was lost, but I recommitted
18 everything so all should be well. In addition, I'm performing backups almost
19 every day, so we're covered.
22 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
23 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org
24 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.