From: Joachim Blaabjerg <styx@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild indentation (tabs vs. spaces) fascism ;^)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:57:42
1 Spider wrote:
2 > now, Does anyone know how to make gpm transfer tabs/spaces ok instead of
3 > converting all my tabs to spaces? or failing gpm working, getting vim to
4 > notice gpm broken paste and convert and align nicely?
5
6 I don't know how that would be done, and I agree with mr. McArthur that it is
7 unlikely to happen. However, you could always use an sed ugly hack once in a
8 while to convert tabs to spaces.
9
10 sed s/"\t"/\ \ \ \ /g source-tabs.c > source-spaces.c
11
12 It works here, but I realise it's _far_ from a solution (and ugly as hell).
13 Just replace the number of escaped spaces to suit your needs.
14
15 Regards,
18 Joachim Blaabjerg
19 styx@×××××.org