From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Summer of Code students and Planet Gentoo
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 22:01:45
1 Blogging was very popular during last year's summer of code, and we
2 expect it will be this time too. We (user-relations) have been
3 discussing how we can further involve our students with the community by
4 aggregating weblogs about their projects on a Planet.
5
6 We are proposing the following:
7
8 1. We encourage our students to write about their projects on weblogs,
9 and will set them up temporary weblogs at gentoo-soc.com if they do not
10 have them already
11
12 2. We create a new planet at http://planet.gentoo.org/soc for the
13 duration of the summer, and aggregate their weblogs there.
14
15 3. Additionally, we add them to Planet Gentoo and Gentoo Universe for
16 the duration of the summer.
17
18 You may be wondering why have (3) as well as (2): We simply want to
19 involve them with the community as much as possible. While this suits
20 what we are aiming to do, I guess some people may be opposed to this, as
21 Planet/Universe is currently a developers-only thing.
22
23 If we do decide against (3), we still plan to do (1) and (2), as this
24 won't disrupt anything.
25
26 We are talking of 14 students, 4 of whom are already developers, and
27 there is the possibility that not all of them will blog (but we'd like
28 them to).
29
30 Any comments?
31