From: Georg Rudoy <0xd34df00d@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: leechcraft
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 14:50:59
1 2017-01-31 3:22 GMT-05:00 David Seifert <soap@g.o>:
2 > Proxy-maint has always been there, so no real excuse for all those bugs
3 > rotting away.
4
5 I didn't bother with finding another maint who'd proxy it for me,
6 yeah, that's my bad.
9 > Here's the deal: If you fix all those bugs within the 30
10 > day time period, we'll keep it in the tree. Please also modernize the
11 > eclass a bit, and preferably drop all ebuilds to unstable.
12
13 I'll make a new release of leechcraft itself and bump the version to
14 that new one, so they'll naturally be dropped to unstable, 0.6.70 and
15 earlier (if any) indeed could be removed. Most of the bugs, as I saw
16 them, are due to the current last released version being 2.5 years old
17 and obviously bitrotten somewhat since then.
18
19 The ebuilds I have around use multibuild to build both qt4 and qt5
20 versions according to use flags. Is that still relevant, or the world
21 has migrated to qt5 and the benefit of still supporting qt4 is not
22 worth the effort and clumsiness?
23
24 > Send all your PRs via Github, mentioning my handle @SoapGentoo.
25