From: Jack Morgan <jmorgan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] unstable/testing keywords
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 02:02:30
1 I find this confusing and hope to clear it up. According to emerge/portage
2 man pages we have stable keywords (ARCH) and unstable packages (~ARCH) while
3 the handbook[1] says we have stable keywords (ARCH) and testing keywords
4 (~ARCH). I think the handbook is more accurate:
5
6 "The testing branch is exactly what it says - Testing. If a package is
7 in testing, it means that the developers feel that it is functional but
8 has not been thoroughly tested. You could very well be the first to
9 discover a bug in the package in which case you could file a bugreport
10 to let the developers know about it."
11
12 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3&chap=3
15 Thanks,
16 --
17 Jack Morgan
18 Pub 4096R/761D8E0A 2010-09-13 Jack Morgan <jmorgan@g.o>>
19 Fingerprint = DD42 EA48 D701 D520 C2CD 55BE BF53 C69B 761D 8E0A