From: Alex Legler <a3li@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: security@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Regarding long delays on GLSA generation
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 17:26:50
1 On 18.01.2014 17:30, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > […]
3 >
4 > What I want to achieve is to try to get this problem solved, I don't
5 > think has any sense to have pending GLSA bugs waiting for ages (yes,
6 > ages), I see this for really a lot of packages, the pointed one was only
7 > one example, but there are many more (like glib, dotnet stuff...)
8
9 Your message is profoundly lacking any proposed solutions, however it
10 does contain plenty of complaining. That's not a good way to solve problems.
13 > Regarding sending this to the whole list (well, I don't understand why
14 > people in security team want to not get gentoo-dev ML involved), I
15 > simply did that as I though maybe some help/suggestions could be needed
16 > taking care clearly the security team is not able to fix this situation
17 > for really a long time and, hopefully, some other people could help with
18 > their effort and ideas to fix this long standing issue.
19
20 Assuming that posing to -dev generates magical help or solutions is
21 quite naive. You're not the first one to post here, but and you're
22 certainly not the first one whose message didn't help in the slightest.
23 Thanks for trying though.
24
25 As others on the list have noticed, we are working on fixing things.
26 Your diagnosis of us being 'clearly' unable to do so is quite
27 unsubstantiated. You should understand that we can't just make a bug
28 pile gathered over years disappear in one day.
31 > The issue is still present even if we don't talk about it and keep
32 > simply ignoring all bug reports assigned to security and accumulating
33 > for years. The idea is to try to solve the situation, not to point to
34 > you, I didn't pointed to you, you will know why do you feel offended
35 > about this.
39 Noone's offended here. I'm just saying your email doesn't serve a
40 purpose. If a -dev post was the solution, we'd have it by now. If you'd
41 like to help in a way we actually think is useful, we'd be glad to have
42 you fill one of our staffing needs posted or to engage in the
43 discussions we have on the -security list and on IRC.
46 Alex Legler <a3li@g.o>
47 Gentoo Security/Ruby/Infrastructure