From: Paul Waring <pwaring@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /var/ftp VS /home/ftp
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:25:38
1 On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 08:43:03 +0100, Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o> wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > """
4 > /srv will be supported via a USE flag. This gives users the choice of
5 > using a dedicated service home hierarchy or not.
6 > """
7 >
8 > In other words, I wouldn't know why anyone would be against this, unless
9 > the implementation would be cumbersome. But if developers are happy to
10 > work on this, why not.
11
12 Provided that the USE flag is switched off by default (so I don't have
13 to go messing around with make.conf because someone thought putting
14 stuff in /src was a good idea) I'm not too fussed.
15
16 Paul
19 Rogue Tory
20 www.roguetory.org.uk