From: Olivier Fisette <ribosome@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] category sci-geosciences redundant ?
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:58:37
1 On Thursday, 17 March, 2005 09:29 am, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
2 > I just figure I should throw my two cents into this thread.
3 > Looking at the packages in app-geosciences, I have a hard time
4 > seeing why the category exists at all.
5
6 I agree. Even if these four packages are appropriate for
7 "sci-geosciences" (IMO), four is not enough for a category (by
8 far). When I split "app-sci", I wanted to throw all geoscience
9 packages in "sci-misc". I added "sci-geosciences" only because
10 nerdboy insinsted on having a category for these packages. At
11 the time, he said the category would grow quickly since he was
12 working on many new packages.
15 Olivier Fisette
16 Gentoo Linux Developer