From: Paul de Vrieze <gentoo-user@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Does anyone use kxicq?
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 12:14:21
1 On Friday 31 January 2003 22:28, Dan Armak wrote:
2 > Hello everyone,
3 >
4 > The kxicq project, though perhaps not officially dead, seems rather
5 > catatonic (admittedly i haven't tried contacting the developers). The last
6 > release was over a year ago for kde2, and their cvs hasn't seen any
7 > activity for two months now; we have a patched snapshot of their CVS that
8 > works for kde3, but now there's a bugreport against it (#13105). There are
9 > several icq clients in portage (licq and sim have qt/kde interfaces) and I
10 > wouldn't have any objection to dropping one that isn't really actively
11 > developed anymore. Of course, that's likely the maintainer speaking :-)
12 >
13 > I'm not saying I've decided to remove the kxicq ebuild, but I'd like to
14 > know how many people (if at all) use it. If people reply to this saying
15 > "yes I use it and don't want to switch", the decision will of course be
16 > taken out of my hands, I won't decide to remove it from portage then. So
17 > please mail me if that is the case.
18
19 I did use it, but it allready was buggy without qt-3.1 There is one bug that I
20 reported at least 5 months ago including a fix that involved reading messages
21 send by the yabber icq conduit. It is still not fixed in cvs. I believe this
22 project is dead. In the mean time I switched, as kxicq is basically dead. It
23 does have one usefull feature though in being able to use server based friend
24 lists.
25
26 Paul
29 Paul de Vrieze