From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: git security (SHA-1)
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 21:22:15
1 On 21 September 2014 09:18, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Kent Fredric:
4 > >
5 > > He is proposing quite the opposite. He's saying "git is not secure in
6 > this
7 > > way, but lets not let that stop us, migrate and fix that after the fact
8 > or
9 > > we'll never get around to it, because all this debate is the perfect
10 > being
11 > > the enemy of the good".
14 > I didn't see him saying that. It rather sounds like we want to have
15 > thick signed Manifests and break pull requests and whatnot.
19 <<<
20 I'm personally in the camp that I'd rather see ANY git migration
21 happen sooner rather than later and I'd rather migrate first and then
22 fix any signature issues later. Simple gpg signed commits secured
23 only with sha1 seems good enough to start with.
26 Rich
27 >>>
31 Kent
32