From: "Miroslav Šulc" <fordfrog@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: New "Accept Github contributions" metadata flag
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 16:31:08
1 hi,
2
3 how would be handled cases where you and me agreed that you will take
4 care of pull requests on behalf of sound@ and proaudio@? and what if a
5 package is maintained by multiple maintainers or even some maintainers
6 and a project, each with a different preference? how that would be
7 solved to not bring in some confusion? and how about maintainers that
8 are not gentoo devs? and what if there are packages that have a
9 maintainer that is mia but has the no-accept policy set and some other
10 dev would like to fix a package that has an annoying bug (using a pull
11 request by a contributor) as the reported maintainer is mia, or a
12 contributor might want to maintain the package? and what if a maintainer
13 wants pull requests just for some packages and not for others? and what
14 if a pull request is referenced from a bug at bugzilla but the
15 maintainer does not accept pull requests?
16
17 sorry for this flood of questions but atm it brings confusion to me :-)
18 from my point of view and personal preference, i appreciate pull
19 requests from contributors if those are of a decent quality, but for me
20 it's hard to easily find out the relevant pull requests. with the new
21 packages.gentoo.org it might be easier in the future but i'm not sure
22 yet how reliable it is atm as for example the list of outdated packages
23 for proaudio@
24 (https://packages.gentoo.org/maintainer/proaudio@g.o/outdated)
25 does not seem to be updated or i misunderstood something. the same goes
26 for the list of bugs
27 (https://packages.gentoo.org/maintainer/proaudio@g.o/bugs) which
28 seems to be missing some bugs as my list with "Assignee:
29 proaudio@g.o" has 96 bugs atm compared to 76 bugs at
30 packages.gentoo.org.
31
32 fordfrog