From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: newsitem: unmasking udev-181
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 02:00:54
1 On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 21:08:47 +0000
2 "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > The quickest initramfs, assuming that ALL kernel modules you need to
5 > boot are already compiled into your kernel:
6 > genkernel --install --no-ramdisk-modules initramfs
7 >
8 > Plus optionally, If you know you don't need any of these, include this
9 > to make it really get much smaller:
10 > --no-lvm --no-mdadm --no-dmraid --no-multipath --no-iscsi --no-disklabel
11 > --no-firmware --no-zfs --no-gpg --no-luks
12 >
13 > --disklabel is the one that most users will probably need, if they use
14 > LABEL= or UUID= arguments in your fstab.
15 >
16 > That will give you an initramfs of scripts + busybox.
17 > On my box, it's about 724KiB.
18
19 Thank you sir. The last time I played with genkernel I had to kill the
20 result with a crucifix. This should do the trick.
24 fonts, gcc-porting
25 toolchain, wxwidgets
26 @ gentoo.org