From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <zlin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] subversion.eclass
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:40:59
1 For quite a while the KDE herd has had a modified version of subversion.eclass
2 in the kde overlay. During that time we have added the following features to
3 the eclass which we would like to put back in gentoo-x86 soon. Since the
4 changes are fairly extensive we decided to send it to this list for review
5 first.
6
7 1) ESVN_REVISION (before this people had to use ESVN_OPTIONS for this
8 purpose).
9 2) ESVN_OFFLINE which disables svn up.
10 3) ESVN_UP_FREQ which uses GNU find to determine if the specified number of
11 hours has passed and only do svn up if it has. This is currently used in the
12 kde4svn-meta eclass for split kde ebuilds that use the same checkout of each
13 module.
14 4) ESCM_LOGDIR for logging which revisions packages get installed with. See
15 [1]. Users need to explicitly enable this feature to use it.
16
17 Other than this the eclass has been documented for use with eclass-manpages.
18
19 [1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/54233
22 Bo Andresen
23 Gentoo KDE dev