From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Questions about SystemD and OpenRC
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 11:43:02
1 On 15-08-2012 07:32:45 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 7:07 AM, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
3 > > On 15-08-2012 12:58:32 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
4 > >> Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
5 > >> > 2. Things like Prefix rely on the system not installing local copies
6 > >> > of libraries in the core system it needs to link to. Careful use of
7 > >> > package.provided in profiles might address this.
8 > >
9 > > Huh? Not sure I understand this, but it suggests something which isn't
10 > > true for Prefix to me.
11 >
12 > Do you want every other package in the tree depending on glibc, and
13 > therefore trying to pull it in on a prefix system? (For those
14 > unaware, prefix depends on a non-Gentoo glibc for the system call
15 > interface.)
16
17 Correction: Prefix uses a possibly non-Gentoo, host-provided libc, not
18 necessarily GNU libc of an unknown version.
19
20 There are only a few packages I've seen that depend on a certain
21 (min/max) version of glibc, and when in use for Prefix, mostly use
22 "!prefix? ( elibc_glibc? ( ...) )"
23 stuff at the moment.
27 Fabian Groffen
28 Gentoo on a different level