From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: UID/GID assignment for apache (81)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 21:01:49
1 On 8/13/19 3:15 PM, Lars Wendler wrote:
2 >
3 > I'm not really sure what the impact might be. I have only one single
4 > apache installation and that is a productive one. I do not want to mess
5 > with that installation.
8 I'm not trying to hassle you, but now's the time to get it right. The
9 old enewuser method would leave an existing directory alone, but (to
10 support homedir/permission fixes in new revisions) acct-user.eclass will
11 modify the ownership and permissions of an existing directory. As a
12 result, it's especially important that we not choose a sensitive homedir
13 and enforce permissions/ownership that we might not really need.