From: Matthias Langer <mlangc@×××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI-2 - Let's get it started
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 13:55:26
1 > If, as a user or an arch person, I get a src_test failure right now, I
2 > don't know whether this means "eek! Something's gone wrong, and I
3 > really need to fix this" or "oh, whoever maintains this package
4 > doesn't care". But with EAPI 2, I'll be able to know that a src_test
5 > failure really does mean "something's wrong".
8 A developer should always care about src_test in my opinion. That some
9 developers don't is a nuisance, and the core of the problem. But trying
10 to change this via EAPI is doing things the wrong way round: At first
11 there has to be an agreement about the importance of test suites (backed
12 up by strict policies that every developer is bound to), and then we can
13 discuss if it makes sense to activate them by default in EAPI-X.