From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] more help needed with gcc-4.8 stabilization, chromium starts heavily using C++11
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 16:32:23
1 Before I reply with a simple four letter words let me restate one
2 thing and than that will be it, and my next move unless council/devrel
3 stops this for good my time will be spent better: playing Baldur's
4 Gate.
5
6 The problem is not that I don't know python. Because I do know python (now).
7 The problem is that pybugz DOES NOT SOLVE A FREAKING THING.
8
9 I scan between 100 to 500 logs a day, any second it takes me to open a
10 new bug adds to the likeliness I have no time to do so. Right now the
11 filing is done purely through the browser so my Bugzilla
12 authentication never leaves it. I get the failed log, I click on the
13 "open bug" button, it prefills it, I leave a proper summary to point
14 out what the problem is and block the proper bug.
15
16 If the app were to just open the bug for me, the app would have to
17 have the credentials, which means I have to have the app behind
18 authentication. And as I pointed out multiple time I have no time or
19 interest in supporting a properly authenticated app FOR ONE PERSON
20 REFUSING TO READ A LOG. Because sure, it's not an impossible amount of
21 work, but it's a disproportionate amount of work when only one person
22 requires it, and another 200 are perfectly fine with clicking on a
23 link to read a log.
24
25 Same thing with pybugz as a CLI tool; sure I could have it store a
26 copy of my credentials on my laptop and now copy-paste the bug ID
27 after opening and the log URL. But no thanks because it makes opening
28 a bug a >40 seconds operation and prone to more mistakes and, once
29 again, this is disproportioned to ONE person refusing to accept a
30 setup.
31
32 So really, I'm tired to be insulted, and this was the last drop. Goodbye.
33 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
34 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/