From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problems updating Qt from 4.8.6 to 4.8.7
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 19:25:10
1 On 05.07.2015 20:44, Alexandre Rostovtsev wrote:
2 > What I usually end up doing is listing my installed dev-qt/qt* ebuilds, and
3 > updating all of them together explicitly:
4 >
5 > emerge -1 qtcore:4 qtgui:4 qtsql:4 etc.
6
7 That's what I tried but it doesn't seem to work with this update.
8
9 Looking at the dependencies of qtgui
10
11 dev-qt/qtgui-4.8.6-r4
12 DEPEND
13 ~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.6
14
15 dev-qt/qtgui-4.8.7
16 DEPEND
17 ~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7
18
19 I really wonder if there is any update path from having
20
21 dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.6-r2
22 dev-qt/qtgui-4.8.6-r4
23
24 installed before to
25
26 dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7
27 dev-qt/qtgui-4.8.7
28
29 after. Right now, it looks like I have to use "emerge -C .." to
30 un-install them completely, temporary breaking Qt and installing 4.8.7
31 fresh. I'm still hoping for some way to not needing to do that.
34 > Alternatively, just try "emerge --update --deep world" - it probably should
35 > work if you have a consistent, complete and updateable world set.
36
37 That's where I'm coming from. It doesn't stop complaining because of Qt.
38
39 Best,
43 Sebastian