From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs due lack of time
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 17:35:46
1 Diego Elio Pettenò schrieb:
2 > On 16/02/2013 14:08, Pacho Ramos wrote:
3 >> sys-firmware/iwl3945-ucode
4 >> sys-firmware/iwl4965-ucode
5 >
6 > Are these included in linux-firmware (i.e. could we just remove them) or
7 > not?
8
9 These are included in linux-firmware. And because Intel has EOL'ed the
10 chipsets, it is unlikely that the firmware will ever be updated again.
11 So technically there is no necessity to keep them.
12
13 On the non-technical side, there are users who prefer them over the
14 linux-firmware package and will be upset if we remove them.
17 Best regards,
18 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn