From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] CFLAGS paragraph for the GWN
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 17:05:41
1 On Sunday 01 October 2006 18:49, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > I can't give you reasons, but I can tell you it totally broke my x86
3 > system a while back.
4 -ftree-vectorize on x86 and PowerPC is known to create broken executables
5 (when it comes to actually create the executable).
6 I'm using it on AMD64 fine since 4.0 pre-releases though (suggested for the
7 daredevils by Halcy0n iirc), and never had problems with it.
8 Most likely this is due either to the usual limitations of x86 (registers,
9 PIC, 387 fpmath), or to not be able to ensure the availability of extra
10 instructions on x86.
13 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
14 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE