From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] QA Roles v2
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 02:56:19
1 Here is my updated version after some feedback from people:
2
3 * The QA team's purpose is to provide cross-team assistance in keeping
4 the tree in a good state. This is done primarily by finding and pointing
5 out issues to maintainers and, where necessary, taking direct action.
6 * In case of emergency, or if package maintainers refuse to cooperate,
7 the QA team may take action themselves to fix the problem.
8 * The QA team may also offer to fix obvious typos and similar minor
9 issues, and silence from the package maintainers can be taken as agreement in
10 such situations.
11 * In the event that a developer still insists that a package does not
12 break QA standards, an appeal can be made at the next council meeting. The
13 package should be dealt with per QA's request until such a time that a
14 decision is made by the council.
15 * In the case of disagreement on policy among QA members, the majority
16 of established QA members must agree with the action.
17 * Just because a particular QA violation has yet to cause an issue does
18 not change the fact that it is still a QA violation.
19 * If a particular developer persistently causes breakage, the QA team
20 may request that devrel re-evaluates that developer's commit rights.
21 Evidence of past breakages will be presented with this request to
22 devrel.
23 * The QA team will maintain a list of current "QA Standards" with
24 explanations as to why they are problems, and how to fix the problem. The
25 list is not meant by any means to be a comprehensive document, but rather a
26 dynamic document that will be updated as new problems are discovered. The QA
27 team will also do their best to ensure all developer tools are in line with
28 the current QA standards.
31 I guess this won't be reviewed by the council for another month, but I'd
32 like to get all of the debate out of the way now.
33 Please lets keep the discussion on topic and constructive.
34
35 Thanks,
38 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting qa toolchain x86)
39 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
40 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
41 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
42 http://www.halcy0n.com