From: Jeffrey Forman <jforman@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] UPDATE bugs.gentoo.org
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:48:54
1 To all,
2
3 Just to give you an update. The planned upgrade of bugzilla from 2.18 to
4 2.20 on bugs.gentoo.org did not go as planned. A good amount of the
5 internal database structure behind bugzilla changed from the jump in
6 stable versions and while running the update script, it crapped out.
7 Yes, real scientific. Error message is pasted below.[1]
8
9 I am in the process of restoring the old database backup I made when I
10 brought down bugzilla this morning for the upgrade, at which time I
11 should be bringing up the old bugzilla as soon as possible.
12
13 I apologize for over-runing my upgrade window, this is the part I could
14 not have predicted.
15
16 ---- Update within an email
17
18 I have restored this morning's DB shapshot when I brought down the
19 database and restored Bugzilla 2.18 for bugs.gentoo.org.
20
21 I will be finding out what the issue is, upon which I will plan some
22 further downtime.
23
24 I apologize profusely for the extended downtime this caused anyone.
25
26 Regards,
27 Jeffrey
28
29 [1]
30 New: varchar(64) NOT NULL
31 Adding new index 'versions_product_id_idx' to the versions table ...
32 Adding group editclassifications ...
33 Adding new index 'attachments_submitter_id_idx' to the attachments
34 table ...
35 Adding group bz_canusewhines ...
36 Adding group bz_canusewhineatothers ...
37 DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during
38 query [for Statement "SELECT name FROM setting WHERE name = ?"] at
39 Bugzilla/User/Setting.pm line 207
40 Bugzilla::User::Setting::_setting_exists('display_quips') called
41 at Bugzilla/User/Setting.pm line 120
42 Bugzilla::User::Setting::add_setting('display_quips',
43 'HASH(0xc5c7b38)', 'on') called at ./checksetup.pl line 4081
48 Jeffrey Forman
49 Gentoo Infrastructure
50 Gentoo Release Engineering
51 Bugs.Gentoo.org Administrator