From: maciek@×××××××.net
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage2 super USE flag suggestin
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:55:15
1 I like this idea!
2
3 However, a simpler solution would be to introduce some priority
4 of USE flags. "-X" would also say -gtk because gtk depends on X.
5 Then, we could eventually introduce f.e. "sound" use flag and make
6 alsa, oss... dependant on it.
9 /Maciek
12 Quoting Craig Joly <craig@×××××××××××××××.org>:
13 > [snip]
14 > A possible solution: super USE flags, for want of a better name.
15 > Something along the lines of USE="noX", where
16 > noX=-X -gtk -gtk2 -qt -qtmt -tcltk -fltk -gnome -gnome-libs -kde -bonobo -xv
17 > -dga (any other toolkits, etc)
18 > nodb=-postgres -mysql -berkdb -gdbm -innodb (any other databases)
19 > nosound=-als -oss -esd -arts -oggvorbis (any other sound stuff)
20 > nofb=-directfb fbcon
21 > noscript=-perl -python -ruby -tcltk -guile
22 >
23 > I think you get the idea. That way, if you want to guarantee
24 > installing vim without X support:
25 > USE="noX" emerge vim
30 This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/