From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Copyright lines in the profiles directory
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 05:45:29
1 > On 21 Jun 2021, at 01:11, Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Doing some review/cleanups in the MIPS profiles and there's some degree of
4 > variability going on with the top copyright header, mainly in the beginning
5 > year. I'm wanting to fix all of those up, but what is the appropriate
6 > beginning year here? 1999, or the first year that the file appeared? I am
7 > inclined to go with "Copyright 1999-2021 Gentoo Authors" across the board,
8 > but given that copyright is always a touchy subject, figured I'd ask.
9
10 Somewhat related:
11
12 I did raise dropping these in the past [0] for pkgdev [1]
13 but we decided to keep them in the end.
14
15 So, maybe in future, pkgdev will update them for you.
16
17 [0] https://bugs.gentoo.org/774120
18 [0] https://github.com/pkgcore/pkgdev/issues/11