From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New system to replace USE flags
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 11:42:16
1 On Thursday 19 July 2001 17:40, you wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 10:26:09AM -0400, Sean Mitchell wrote:
3 > > > -----Original Message-----
4 > > > From: Dan Armak [mailto:ermak@×××××××××××××.il]
5 > > >
6 > > > No, No! This is a proprosition to *replace* USE flags. Thre
7 > > > will be *only*
8 > > > With flags.
9 > >
10 > > I see... I completely missed that rather key element.
11 > >
12 > > I dunno, Dan. It seems to me that is a bit drastic. I'm really much more
13 > > in favour of supplementing the existing system which overall I rather
14 > > like. Plus, that would invalidate all the work that Daniel and Achim and
15 > > company are about to release.
16 > >
17 > > At any rate perhaps it is best to wait and see what the new system brings
18 > > and in the meantime define what functionality is required. Then we could
19 > > see what gaps the new system fills and then go from there.
20 >
21 > I agree :)
22 Read what I just wrote in another place in the thread. I'm sorry if you
23 misunderstood me, I didn't mean to suggest building again from scratch! I
24 meant to extend the existing system and described a possible result of its
25 extension.
28 Dan Armak
29 Gentoo Linux Developer
30 Matan, Israel