From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: auto-detection of unpack dependencies
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:24:44
1 On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:12:37 +0100
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 04:14:18 +0200
5 > Marius Mauch <genone@g.o> wrote:
6 > > As a result of Cardoes earlier mail we talked a bit about possible
7 > > solutions in #gento-portage, and I suggested to let portage
8 > > automatically inject the deps based on SRC_URI pattern matching.
9 > > A mapping of extensions and their unpack deps would be kept in the
10 > > tree (e.g. mapping '.tar.bz2' to '( app-arch/tar app-arch/bzip2 )'
11 >
12 > Could do it just as an eclass...
13 >
14 > inherit work-out-my-unpack-deps-for-me
15 >
16 > In principle, there's nothing that can't be done on the ebuild side
17 > here.
18
19 Right, just I'd expect the parsing of SRC_URI (with conditionals) to be
20 a bit tricky in bash, not something I'm going to work on. An
21 eclass-based solution would have a few benefits though wrt the metadata
22 cache.
23
24 Marius
25 --