From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package.mask vs ~arch
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 18:04:44
1 On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 1:56 PM, Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
2 > That is an edge case; it's somewhat hard to maintain a package if you
3 > can't test it, and there are occasions (eg. Amazon EC2 related
4 > packages) where this is indeed needed. I don't see a need to introduce
5 > that masked though; but again, it depends on how edgy it is...
8 No argument there. I think that use of package masks for
9 testing-related purposes should be rare and short-lived. I just don't
10 think that banning them entirely is the right solution. If they're
11 done right they probably shouldn't be noticed by the majority.
12
13 Rich