From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: robo-stable bugs
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 15:46:07
1 On Wed, 22 May 2013 19:18:41 +1000
2 Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > A newer version of a package is usually considered to be better in
5 > some way, hence it is an enhancement.
6
7 Unless it's a Blocker, of course. :)
8
9 > According to the bug-wrangler's own docs[1]: "A stabilisation request
10 > should be handled by the package's maintainer, so you should not CC
11 > arch teams in your role as bug wrangler, nor set the STABLEREQ
12 > keyword in the Keywords field.". There should at least be some
13 > consistency there before telling people what to do.
14
15 I am trying to find consensus based on reasonable argument here.
16
17 > [1]: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/bug-wranglers/
18
19 Documentation/policy should change after discussion. I set up the b-w
20 project to get something of a standard going, not to "[tell] people
21 what to do". I have been adding STABLEREQ recently because it's
22 turning out to be more practical (mainly because developers keep
23 forgetting to add it, despite the helpful suggestion from the
24 robo-script).
25
26 I will change the default in the b-w doc if I find there is reasonable
27 consensus on the matter.
30 jer