From: Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new herd: vdr - topic reanimated
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:01:14
1 On Monday 10 July 2006 10:08, Jakub Moc wrote:
2 > Robin H. Johnson wrote:
3 > > On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 04:36:55AM +0200, Diego 'Flameeyes' Petten??
4 wrote:
5 > >> On Monday 10 July 2006 02:25, Luca Barbato wrote:
6 > >>> c is simpler. I like it.
7 > >>
8 > >> Yes, of course if _all wranglers_ respected metadata, instead of
9 > >> stopping to <herd> tag and assigning to that even when a particular
10 > >> maintainer is listed.
11 > >
12 > > Actually, this isn't that simple at the moment. There are packages that
13 > > directly list me as the maintainer, but I want bugs for them assigned to
14 > > the herd by default - so that the other folk in the herd can find them
15 > > quickly.
16 > >
17 > > Perhaps this could be alleviated with an explicit assign-to field in
18 > > package metadata? At the same time, it should have an explicit cc-to
19 > > field, for cases where the maintainer is not in the herd.
20 >
21 > Well, that reminds me - just stick ldap-bugs@g.o (or whatever else) to
22 > maintainer field then and put it first, enough of a hint for me :)
23
24 Should we then use this metadata-file (maintainer before herd tag):
25
26 <!DOCTYPE pkgmetadata SYSTEM "http://www.gentoo.org/dtd/metadata.dtd">
27 <pkgmetadata>
28 <maintainer>