From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] OpenPGP verification for gentoo-mirror repos
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 20:44:28
1 Hi, everyone.
2
3 Just a quick note: I've prepared a simple tool [1] to verify clones of
4 gentoo-mirror repositories. It's still early WiP but can be easily used
5 to verify a clone:
6
7 $ ./verify-repo gentoo
8 [/var/db/repos/gentoo]
9 Untrusted signature on 42ccdf48d718287e981c00f25caea2242262906a
10 (you may need to import/trust developer keys)
11 Note: unsigned changes in metadata and/or caches found (it's fine)
12
13 It can take any number of repository names and/or paths on argv, or
14 will verify all installed repositories if run without arguments.
15
16 It has explicit support for unsigned cache update commits from
17 gentoo-mirror (verifies the last signed commits and diffs it against
18 HEAD); though it will probably get confused if signed commits out of
19 metadata/ subrepos come (very rare case).
20
21 Verification is done using git's default GPG magic. I'd like to
22 improve it to use gkeys but the project still hasn't achieved
23 the ability to run out-of-the-box without local hackery.
24
25 Oh, as a side note: since Portage defaults to --depth=1 clones,
26 signatures are usually lost. I've submitted a patch to increase
27 the default depth to 10.
28
29 [1]:https://github.com/mgorny/verify-repo-mirror
32 Best regards,