From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for sys-apps/mpi350-driver
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:52:50
1 This driver has been stagnant for a *long* time. It was assigned to me
2 as the maintainer, but I have never owned this hardware. Anyway, the
3 current driver version in the Linux Aironet Configuration Utilities
4 tarball, which is version 2.1, does not work under 2.6 kernels and needs
5 to be ported. We already use only the in-kernel drivers for the
6 PCMCIA/PCI/ISA versions of these cards, so I see no need to keep this
7 driver around, as they in-kernel driver works perfectly fine and is more
8 up-to-date anyway.
9
10 If nobody objects, I'm going to remove this blemish from the tree on
11 September 9th.
12
13 If you object, you better have patches ready... ;]
14
15 --
16 Chris Gianelloni
18 Games - Developer