From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] My wishlist for EAPI 5
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 11:19:14
1 On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 13:05:51 +0200
2 Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
3 > > http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_86b67d8ab51a24922a3d3be75d10f42b.xml
4 >
5 > That shows how things can be done and how shouldn't be done, it's not
6 > casual that you are always involved in this kind of discussions,
7
8 Yes, because I'm prepared to put in the work to make sure these things
9 get done properly, whereas others will just comment once and then
10 ignore the rest of the thread.
11
12 > instead of thinking all people is trying to "shoot the messenger",
13 > maybe you should think about you acts here (I know it's difficult,
14 > specially when discussions are done virtually and not in real world
15 > where you, probably, would understand better that your way of
16 > demanding things and putting conditions is not the way to go). Making
17 > constructive suggestions instead of others that can be easily
18 > interpreted as whims is the way to go.
19
20 Uh huh, and that's what I've been doing the whole time when I've been
21 asking for a patch for PMS, a GLEP etc.
22
23 > > I'll remind you that for "big" features, the GLEP process is already
24 > > documented.
25 >
26 > You know what I exactly mean, don't try to change the topic to "GLEP
27 > process is already documented" to hide you don't want to put anything
28 > of your time to help others to get proper documentation prepared to
29 > show to pms team. Of course, you have the right to do so as this is
30 > all contribution work that we do it if we want and have time, but
31 > don't try to hide it in this way.
32
33 That's nonsense. I've put in a lot of work on the PMS side for features
34 that I understand. If multilib gets beyond what Brian called "a fairly
35 opaque list of things", *then* I'm quite happy to help if I'm able.
36 Right now, though, there's nowhere near enough that I (or as far as I
37 can see, anyone else) can even start to go anywhere with it.
38
39 This isn't going nowhere because no-one wants to help. It's going
40 nowhere because what's been presented so far is nowhere near enough
41 that anyone *can* help, and requests for a better description of what
42 we're supposed to be looking at are being met with complaints that we
43 haven't magically done all of the remaining work (which on this one I
44 suspect is far more effort than what's been done so far).
47 Ciaran McCreesh