From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 22: New "keyword" system to incorporate various userlands/kernels/archs
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 19:23:02
1 On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:11:39 +0100 Olivier CrĂȘte <tester@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | Yes you are! That said we could always mark a specific ebuild -arch if
4 | it doesnt work there. I think such a system is the only way manage a
5 | large number of architectures. Debian might have many evils, but they
6 | support alternate architectures much better than we do. Have you tried
7 | installing gentoo on sparc recently without ~sparc (which breaks lots
8 | of stuff)?
9
10 Yes, I have. If you have applications which work that aren't keyworded,
11 you know where bugzilla is. Use it.
14 Ciaran McCreesh
15 Mail: ciaranm at gentoo.org
16 Web: http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm