From: Greg Turner <gmt@×××××.us>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, hasufell@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] some multilib-minimal enhancements [3/6]: a shitload of in-source doc
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 00:54:23
1 On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2 > I actually feel that some parts of this is not documentation, but rather
3 > "wiki". So maybe that's exactly where to put it?
4 >
5 > The doc in the eclass should only describe the behavior of the eclass
6 > and the main points you need to know in order to get it going.
7 >
8 > But it is not a strong feeling.
9
10 I think you're probably right... I'll endeavor to re-factor this patch
11 and put the wiki stuff into the wiki.
12
13 >> +# it is often best to put multilib-minimal first on the inherits
14 >> list.
15 >
16 > first? You mean last or what?
17
18 I definitely meant first -- the existing in-source doc said "last" but
19 I thought that must surely be a thinko... unless my understanding of
20 how inherits works is backwards -- the first, not the last, inheritee
21 gets the default phase-function implementations wired up to it,
22 correct? I suppose another assumption I have, that, if not shared,
23 might be leading us to opposite conclusions, is that a majority of
24 inheritors would want the default phase function implementations to be
25 wired up to multilib-minimal...?
26
27 btw, based on the same criteria you mention above, some of what I've
28 said about the matter probably better belongs in the wiki rather than
29 the in-source doc.
30
31 -gmt