From: Troels Vognsen <troels@×××××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-web-user] Hardened PHP now in Gentoo
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 17:51:53
1 From: Olivier Crete <tester@g.o>
2 >There is at least one other guy who thinks that the handbook has gotten
3 >way too long (me)...And foser is right on choice, too much is worst that too little, because
4 >you end up not being able to find out howto where to configure stuff..
5 >Gentoo is all about choice and choice is good.. But I dont want to have to
6 >go thourhg 800 use flags before I can install a gentoo system.. I used to
7 >be able to run ufed and set all of the use flags that I wanted for a
8 >system... I tried doing that yesterday.. the list has just gotten out of
9 >proportion.
10 >
11 >Olivier Crete
12 >
13 Well, ain't that mainly an issue of layout change. If we split the body's of text into smaller sections and colorcode them appropriately, according the type of information and significance, that would improve readabilty significantly. I could hence read through the handbook, reading only the (for instance) green sections, skipping the rest, since I know that ain't vital info.
14
15 - Troels Vognsen :-)
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list