From: Alex Legler <a3li@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: DistroWatch and Gentoo packages: status quo and future
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 21:54:56
1 On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 16:25:19 -0500, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > Where are these referrer logs? I don't recall ever doing one of
5 > those.
8 They are in the web server logs. Apache includes them in the "combined"
9 log format, or you can add them in a custom log format.
10
11 So cooperation with Infra is required for this sort of analysis.
12
13 > Hasn't it been said before that Gentoo polls are pretty difficult to
14 > do and not very accurate?
15
16 I fail to see the difficulty of both creating and filling out a survey
17 on a forums post.
18 Also, accuracy is always an issue when doing online surveys as people
19 can submit it multiple times, and there's always the kids that just
20 click something out of boredom. Don't think that problem is specific to
21 Gentoo polls.
22
23 Alex