From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Agenda [WAS: One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 00:27:10
1 On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 12:44 +0000, Duncan wrote:
2 > Ciaran's right on this one. It may have been a bug in portage, now
3 > fixed, but at least until a stable current release media set, a working
4 > PMS can't change the EAPI-0 definition to fail with portage on the old
5 > release media, however stale it might be. If a current release happens
6 > before PMS EAPI-0 finalization, this could possibly be subject to debate,
7 > but until then, it just doesn't work, however much we might wish it could.
8
9 No, he isn't. For one, we're talking make.conf, not the profiles.
10 Second, there's a newer official (and stable) media set. Sorry if you
11 don't like the "beta" moniker, which applies to the media set. After
12 all, does a package suddenly become less stable because it is included
13 in a tarball that has "beta" in the *FILE NAME* ? I don't think so.
16 Chris Gianelloni
17 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
18 Games Developer