From: Frank Riley <fhriley@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] new ebuild questions
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 23:42:37
1 Hello,
2
3 I've created my first ebuild, and I have a few questions:
4
5 1) The ebuild creates 2 empty directories. When I do a reinstall of the
6 ebuild, the safe unmerge of the already-installed instance removes these 2
7 directories. Is this the correct operation, and if so how do I make sure
8 these 2 directories are not deleted when a reinstall is done?
9
10 2) The ebuild puts cipe.info.gz in /usr/share/info. If I do "info cipe", it
11 can't find the doc. If I do "info -f /usr/share/info/cipe.info.gz", it
12 works fine. What do I have to do to get info to pick it up when I do "info
13 cipe"?
14
15 3) Finally, my ebuild creates a kernel module, thus it depends on kernel
16 source being installed. Obviously, only one kernel source needs to be
17 installed, but it could be any of the various kernel sources. Is it
18 possible to "or" in the DEPEND variable (i.e. to use this ebuild, you need
19 sys-kernel/gentoo-sources or sys-kernel/vanilla-sources)?
20
21 Thanks,
22 Frank