From: Christel Dahlskjaer <christel@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposed addition to the Social Contract
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 12:38:22
1 On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 04:54 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Saturday 24 March 2007, Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:
3 > > It looks like our social contract doesn't prohibit Gentoo from being
4 > > dependent upon a single sponsor or corporation. In the interests of
5 > > keeping Gentoo run by the developers rather than any outside party, how
6 > > about the following addition to the Social Contract?
7 > >
8 > > <heading>We will be run by the Development Community</>
9 > > Gentoo will be run by the development community. We will never allow
10 > > ourselves to be reliant upon a single sponsor or corporation.
11 >
12 > i dont see why this is required ? ignoring the fact that the wording is way
13 > too vague to do anything but cause confusion and people to spout long winded
14 > rants, seems like useless nitpicking about an issue that doesnt exist
15
16 Supposedly >80% of our stuff is hosted in one building, where would we
17 find ourselves were this building to building to burn to the ground? Get
18 flooded?