From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Gentoo CI news: pkgcheck is now running truly parallel
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2019 07:57:51
1 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> writes:
2
3 > Just a quick note: thanks to hard work of radhermit, the newest release
4 > of pkgcheck features internal parallelization of checks. While it's not
5 > perfect and there's still room for improvement (I mean, it could run
6 > even faster!), it's a major step forward.
7 >
8 > This means that I've finally retired that ugly hack that split
9 > categories into multiple groups and ran them in parallel. This means
10 > that CI is no longer bound by the longest category (hello, media-libs/)
11 > and can utilize all 32 cores instead of ~14.
12 >
13 > This also means that if you're planning to run tree-wide scans with
14 > pkgcheck, you no longer have to employ huge hacks to make them faster.
15 > You just run it normally! In your face, repoman!
16 >
17 > Once again, thanks to radhermit. His work on pkgcheck is astonishing,
18 > and it's becoming a great tool for developers.
19
20 A big round of applause to radhermit for the better QA tool!
21
22 Thank you to all who contributed.
23
24 Benda