From: Davide Pesavento <pesa@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Qt category move
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 23:52:07
1 On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò
2 <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
3 > On 17/02/2013 23:04, Markos Chandras wrote:
4 >>> >
5 >> We will use qt* instead of qt-*[1] to match the way upstream names the
6 >> modules. So that would be dev-qt/qtcore etc
7 >
8 > Thanks, and thanks for the link, as I wouldn't have known how to rename
9 > the deps myself otherwise...
12 Three notable exceptions to the general rule of dropping the hyphen
13 from ${PN} are:
14
15 qt-assistant -> qthelp (because the lib is actually called
16 libQtHelp.so, the assistant application will be split into a separate
17 package later on)
18
19 qt-qt3support -> qt3support (again, the lib is libQt3Support.so)
20
21 qt-meta stays unchanged (not an upstream module, therefore it follows
22 gentoo *-meta naming convention, nothing should depend on the
23 meta-package anyway)
24
25 Cheers,
26 Pesa