From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Another council topic for Feb
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 22:34:54
1 On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 13:19:58 -0800 Mike Doty <kingtaco@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | We're going to talk about arch keywording policies. IMO we should
4 | have a standard policy "if you own and use ${ARCH} then you may
5 | keyword your packages for ${ARCH}" with the exception of the sys-*/
6 | categories.
7
8 Archs aren't standard. On sparc, for example, only testing on v8 is
9 insufficient. On mips it's even worse because a single keyword covers
10 big and little endian, 32 and 64 bit. It should be down to the
11 individual arch teams to decide their policy and have it documented in
12 the devmanual (which some of them have done already).
15 Ciaran McCreesh
16 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
17 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
18 Paludis, the secure package manager : http://paludis.pioto.org/