From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] ANNOUNCEMENT: metadata.xml files can be created
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 18:20:31
1 On Wednesday 02 July 2003 19:24, Weeve wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Weeve wrote:
3 > > On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
4 > > > The dtd can be found at http://www.gentoo.org/dtd/metadata.dtd.
5 > > > I request that all developers go and add metadata.xml files to the
6 > > > packages they maintain. Further herds should be created. They need to
7 > > > be registered to.
8 > >
9 > > What is the prodecure(s) for creating and registering a herd?
10 >
11 > Sorry for the sorta dupe-post, my mail client and I weren't on the same
12 > page.
13
14 Registering is writing them in the misc/herds.xml file of the gentoo CVS
15 repository. Creating actually is the same.
16
17 For now the best procedure is if the people to be part of a herd go and
18 register their herd in that file.
19
20 Paul
23 Paul de Vrieze