From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Last rites: media-tv/tvtime
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 14:42:42
1 On Mon, 2013-03-25 at 06:40 +0000, Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg) wrote:
2 > On 2013-03-25, Rafael Goncalves Martins <rafaelmartins@g.o> wrote:
3 > > On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 8:15 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
4 > >>
5 > >> # Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> (22 Mar 2013)
6 > >> # Fails with automake-1.12 (#424289)
7 > >> # Problems with the alsa patches (#403389)
8 > >> # Herd has not interest in it and needs a maintainer
9 > >> # Removal in a month unless a new maintainer steps up
10 > >> # and fix all the bugs
11 > >> # Alternatives: media-tv/me-tv, media-tv/mythtv
12 > >> media-tv/tvtime
13 > >>
14 > >
15 > > Too sad to see it being treecleaned. :(
16 > >
17 > > I used it for a long time, and it really rocks, but I don't own any
18 > > pc-tv hw anymore. I'd like to avoid it being treecleaned, but without
19 > > the hw, it is just impossible.
20 >
21 > Similar problem here, I do own a tv tuner, but there are no *analog*
22 > broadcasts here. From what I know, tvtime only works with analog
23 > TV. In fact, one thing I wish I knew about was a comparable software
24 > for DVB-T. VLC is simply not designed to work like a television,
25 > nor is mplayer.
28 Same here, I have a analog tuner card that the sound died on. At the
29 time I thought it was an electronic failure, but maybe it was the alsa
30 problem mentioned. I am not sure, but our cable signal might still have
31 some analog broadcasts on it. I know that all through the air tv signals
32 are now digital here as well. I'll see if I can find it and try the
33 alsa fix.