From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] shell-tools herd?
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 21:22:18
1 Ok, continuing my attempt to get myself off the base-system alias (and
2 hence getting a significat reduction in my daily spam and uninterested
3 bug emails quota), and following on from foser's suggestion on an
4 earlier thread... How about a shell-tools herd? This won't cover shells
5 themselves, but rather tools that're used from within a shell
6 environment that don't particularly fit in anywhere else. A not even
7 slightly complete list of possible packages which are candidates (most
8 of these are no-herd, some are base-system):
9
10 app-misc/bfr
11 app-misc/color
12 app-misc/hilite
13 app-misc/mtail
14 app-misc/screen
15 app-shells/bash-completion
16 app-text/glark
17 dev-util/txt2regex
18 dev-util/visual-regexp
19
20 There's a load of other stuff in app-misc, app-text and dev-util as
21 well that would probably belong. You get the idea :)
22
23 Maintainer-wise, myself, Ka0ttic, kloeri, slarti`, swegener and taviso
24 have already expressed an interest, and I'm also kinda thinking about
25 recruiting someone who I know knows a lot about this area...
26
27 (If anyone on base-system thinks I'm trying to steal too much from them,
28 please scream.)
31 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
32 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
33 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm